Re: [Harp-L] Overblowing newbie

Hi, Glen!

> I'm trying to teach myself overblowing using an unmodified stock Marine
> Band, key of C, starting with the 6-hole.
> OK, so I'm not a harmonica newbie, but I feel like one now, because it's
> hard as hell to get the reed to pop up to the OB note. And it sounds awful
> when I do.
As most people say you should lower gaps. Simple disassemble your harp
and push the reeds with fingernail till the end of the reed will be
closer to reedplate (with only a tiny gap, if no gap the reed will not sound
clean, only overblown). Make it with both (!) blow and draw reeds at hole
you are practicing (start with 6 hole). Later you'll find the right gap for relatively
comfortable playing normal note and overblown, but now you should
tighten the gap as much as possible. Try to bend 6 blow like 8 blow.
Or try to pronounce sound like "khhhh" when middle part of you tongue
is at palate but tip of the tongue at the flour of you mouth.

--
Boris Plotnikov
http://myspace.com/harmonicaboris