Re: [Harp-L] H2 Zoom recorder experience with Loud music?

Dennis, I've owned the H4 for nearly two years with excellent results.
 Last night I used it to record a blues jam at a local club.  I just
set it on a table, pressed "record" twice, and let it go.  The
recording was very good.  I've never used the H2 so I cannot comment
directly that the H4 is worth the extra money, but I'm certainly happy
with mine.

I do think the H4's multi-tracking abilities (4 tracks, recording two
at a time) make it worth every cent (and then some).

Last night I had the recording format set to MP3 at 192, using the
built-in stereo mics.  I was on battery power (2 x AA), which will
last for more than 3 hours of continuous recording.  For live band
recording I use the "Low" setting on the Mic Gain switch, and set the
levels to -12 db. This gives me a fairly compressed recording with no
clipping.  I used the USB cable to upload to my PC when I got home,
and after a few minutes of editing I had a very nice CD of the jam.

-Spec20