Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Jam Tracks

(Post truncated)

G writes:

"Well, Coast to Coast Music sell some very cool backing CDs,
the  two I purchased were:
"Blues & Rock Lets  Jam!"
http://tinyurl.com/2qy6ry
and "Jazz & Blues Lets  Jam!"
http://tinyurl.com/2mk4lq

For about US$10 each, they're a very  good small investment.
If you've got a computer with CD player and sound  card, and are so
inclined: there are programs that can play CDs, transpose  the song, and
change it's speed, as well as loop any portion of any track -  which will
give you even more variety.
Cheers,
-- G."

...thanks for that info, G....I've been looking for just the same sort of
thing.
Recently purchased a large amount of book/cd Hal Leonard and a  couple of
Jamey Aebersold Jazz and Rock and R&B play alongs.  I'm  mildly disappointed.
Most of the R&B and rock background music is  all either xylophone (or vibes)
oriented, sounding nothing at all like a real  backing track although the timing
is right on..so isn't a total loss.  The  Jazz ones are pretty good but the
books have so few of the songs I actually  know, and the total was quite
expensive ($139+)  for the relatively few songs I'm actually going to want to play.

I took a look at the two CD's you mentioned, but can't bring them up large
enough to read if there are 'name' songs with which I might be familiar.   Can
you tell us if they are generic tracks or geared for specific songs?

Thanks in advance,

Elizabeth