Re: [Harp-L] Re: Orange Blossom Special

MilwHarmonica@xxxxxxx wrote:

I have an arrangement of Ervin T. Rouse's Orange Blossom Special, copyright
1938, 1957, 1965, and 1975, with MCA Music the copyright holder.

back in 1982, we were shopping for a band for our wedding. a local blues band had been suggested, and we visited a wedding reception to hear them play. they were really good overall, but what sealed the deal was when they played a smokin' version of OBS, with their harp player in the lead. blew me away. i'd heard charlie mccoy's version, but it never occurred to me that an actual human could pull that off. we made sure they played that at our reception, too.

it was only last year that i discovered the name of that harp player.
it was rob paparozzi.

--
Optimism and pessimism don't exist for me.
I'm a blues man.  I am a prisoner of hope.