[Harp-L] Re: Olympus digital voice recorder VN-4100PC

I don't know for sure, but the term 'digital voice recorder' is used in reference to products that do not record with fidelity in mind. They are note-takers, like the old mini-cassette dictation hand-helds.

I use the Olympus D-10 dvr, and it's a heck of a device, but I'm delighted to be switching over to an H2, which is a whole new dog. It's completely appropriate for recording music, while DVR's, at least those from the last 10 years, are not.

Make sure you get to hear these things before you buy one.