Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Olympus digital voice recorder VN-4100PC (and Zoom H-2)

Hi Ken:

The Zoom H-2 IS "pocket-sized"... I was planning to bring to Buckeye but
hadn't had the chance to try out (or figure out beforehand) my 'new'  Xmas
present  (but not yet batter-ized or tried out H-2)   :)

....I just measured it and the actual dimensions (sans case and wee  foot
stand) come in about 4.3" x 2.5" x 1.25" - certainly portable  enough.

  However, the small drawstring bag would do nothing to protect the  case if
dropped or even bumped hard, so I hope to come up with something a  tad more
sturdy and wearable, which would add to its dimensions, but not its  weight.

I'm enjoying all these links about the H-2's and 4's...perhaps they'll give
me the impetus to begin learning how to use mine.  I'll most  definitely have
it figured out by SPAH and Jason Ricci's Annual Tuesday Night  Blow-Off, to
send to Garry Hodgson to get up on the Archives of JR's site, plus  all the
other great performances I'm sure we'll hear there.  It'd be cool  to see Rob at
SPAH soon too....

...I only wish I'd taped Rupert's great performance (the other one Dave
didn't get on video...that most unusual and haunting song)....but Dave capturing
him playing Another Man Done Gone, is stellar. I'm sure you were there for
that...as well as Teeny Tucker's band....wasn't that just an amazing  night?

Elizabeth

Message: 12