[Harp-L] Cool Edit

I don't know if Cool Edit is still out there--haven't looked for a while.

Cool Edit was bought by Adobe and is now called Adobe Audition, I believe.

Before spending any cash on editing software, I highly recommend people try Audacity, which is free, open source and available for PC and Mac. Professional recording software is better, fer sher, but Audacity is terrific, and very easy to use. I used Cool Edit before I got going with Samplitude back in '96. I was impressed with it, but I've used Audacity in a pinch to edit some audio on a mac and it did the job with ease, and lacked nothing that Cool Edit had.