To: "Patrick Lines" <plines@xxxxxxxxxxx>; "Mark Lavoie" <lavoie@xxxxxxxxx>; "Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 6:13 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Hohner MS Reed Plate Trade

Just so Patrick; but if you get right down to it, it's really a case of 'drawing too hard on blow 4', because when you get all the way down to (for example, on a C harp) Db/C# on draw 4, it's the blow reed that is making all the sound, and the draw is pretty much out of the picture. That's what I've observed anyhow. If you do some note bending with the covers off, your ears will tell you that when you reach this note, the sound is coming from the blow plate, even though you are drawing. Exactly the same as 'overblowing/drawing' in fact; there is really no difference at all.
RD

"Patrick Lines" <plines@xxxxxxxxxxx> 10/04/2008 3:48 >>>
I don't have any trades for you but I will tell you that # 4 blow will fail
most often because you are drawing to hard on #4 draw. They are interactive.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Lavoie" <lavoie@xxxxxxxxx>