Re: [Harp-L] What I Like About You

<gmmsi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<A friend has asked me to lay down the harp solo for What I Like about <You by the Romantics (not really my type of music)--it seems pretty <simple but I'm unsure of the key
<
<The song in in E-but not sure A or E sound right--anyone ever played it <or have a tab of it?

Never mind what key the song is in--ask your friend what key he or she is planning to play it in. There's no guarantee that your friend will play it in the original key, especially if that key isn't good for your friend's voice.

The solo is played in 2nd position, so get a harp tuned a perfect 4th above the key your friend is going to play it in. For example, if your friend is going to play the song in the key of E, get an A harp.

The solo starts with a shake on the draw 4 and 5 reeds, by the way.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com
harmonica blog at http://myspace.com/richardhunterharp
Latest mp3s always at http://broadjam.com/rhunter