[Harp-L] H2 Observation

Apropos of someone asking about transferring files directly from the H2. I may have imagined this, but I've imagined worse.

I've been using a card reader all week to transfer files from my SD card to my XP computer. 160 Mb of files took a few seconds, as it should, using USB2.

As an experiment, I just connected the H2 directly to the computer, and I found the process comparatively clunky and slow as heck. First, you have to select whether you're going to be using it as a drive or as an audio device. Fair enough, that's a feature, not a bug. It's no more clunky than taking the card out and putting into a reader, I guess.

But 89 Mb took nearly a minute to transfer.

As a geek, a few seconds vs. nearly 60 is annoying. But if one were transferring a really large bunch of bits, even blase harmonica players would become annoyed at the time diff.

Hear Ken Deifik's Song Collection "Music For Small Audience"
at http://www.HarmonicaGuitar.com