Re: [Harp-L] Shortening slots

>Ok, and since you don't specify whether you are tuning up or down,
>this leaves some questions. Far be it for me to ask what the tuning
>is because I have found out (the hard way) that sometimes, one's own
>tuning is something to covet. So, I won't ask for you to expound.

Well, I had wanted to try it out myself first but with all the generous info I've taken from harp-l I can't be too secretive.
Here's the tuning; hope the alignment shows up okay:

 1    2    3     4    5    6    7     8    9    10
F4  C4  E4  G4  A4  C5  E5  G5  C6  E6
G4  D4  F4  A4  B4  D5  F5   A5  B5  D6

You could have variants of the tuning (such as making the Draw F into F#) but the most noteworthy thing is the octave of the first hole pitches.
The tuning requires various tongue blocking splits but I like the combination of melody and chord options.

By the way, thanks for all the suggestions on how to shorten the Hole 1 slots. I haven't tried any of them yet because I built a 'G' harp and was able to do so without the shorter reed. The need for shorter slots shows up in 'Bb' to 'C' harps.

Paul

Be a better friend, newshound, and