[Harp-L] Recording setups

I'm thinking of buying computer and software for composing and recording.

I have the notion to buy an I Mac with the latest operating system and something like Protools LE with a basic M Audio interface.

It is not my objective to have a full recording studio. At most, I may record myself and one other player.

Mainly, I want to be able to record and share files with singer songwriters and other players.

I do not have the budget for the Mac tower. I've found that the PC music computers aren't cheap and I know little about the manufacturers.

I learned from a friend who does audio for television that mix downs must be done in real time in Protools while in Logic this is not the case.

Any words of wisdom?

Gary Popenoe