[Harp-L] Dick Gardner-(Jerry Murads Harmonicats)

I had the distinct pleasure of speaking with Dick Gardner, one of the
original Bass players with the "Harmonicats".  For those of you from the new
generation, this group made harmonica groups  popular in the 40's and 50's. In 1947
the harmonicats recorded "Peg of my  Heart". This song was on the top charts
for over a year and made everyone sit up  and take notice of harmonica groups.
Dick graciously consented to tackle the repair and refurbishing of one of  my
64' chromatics. It was truly a work of art and was beyond my  expectations.
Dick is still active at 74 years old and still plays, does limited repairs
and gives teaching lessons. He truly loves the harmonica and speaks of them
lovingly.
I just wanted to express my thanks and tribute to a truly dedicated icon  and
an accomplished  craftsman.
Thank you Dick.
Frank Tomasulo (Cheechmail)

Finance.      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolcmp00300000002850)