Re: [Harp-L] Custom Harmonicas - Worth It?

Hi, Harp-l!

> Some of you, if you respond to this topic, will be
> tempted to talk about changing one's playing style to
> lengthen the life of the harmonica.  That's fine, but
> my musical/bluesical style over the last 30 years has
> incorporated plenty of hard blowing and drawing, and I
> would rather keep that style than change it to save
> money.
It's not necessary for you. But custom harps are necessary for me and
a lot of overblow players, as we play very soft, rare blow out reeds
(I blow out 1-2 reeds a year, and usually replace them). It's hard to
produce overblow and to control pitch of bends at holes 2 and 3.

--
Boris Plotnikov
http://myspace.com/harmonicaboris