Re: [Harp-L] Custom Harmonicas - Worth It?

Am Dienstag, 15. April 2008 schrieb Vern Smith:
> I think that as a hard player troubled with reed failures, you
> would be a good tester for Seydel stainless steel reeds.  It seems
> likely to me that SS reeds would not fatigue as quickly as
> copper-alloy reeds do....maybe not at all.  You could report your
> experience to us.

I've seen many reports of broken Seydel SS reeds. They are subject to
fatigue, probably not as quickly, but they break. Additional research
for optimized reed profiles might make them still sturdier, i don't
think Seydel has reached the optimum yet.

--
Gruß,Frank