[Harp-L] Custom Harmonicas - Worth It?

i believe the recently gregarious and benevolent maestro Phil Isko is the
one who has coined the term custom harmonica. his original models were
available with customized  cover plates, just/equal/compromised tuning,
blues or jazz set ups, round holes, square holes etc...

ALL OTHER "CUSTOMIZERS" are copy cats to one extent or another

i prefer the term "set up" or "modified"

are "set up" harps worth the money? Resoundingly YES. what's better than a
"set up" harp?  one that is set up by yourself.

like the jedi that constructs his own lightsabre, everybody on this list
should try to be learn to do it to for themselves.

are my own harmonicas as good as the recently gregarious and mightily
benevolent masestro Phil Isko's? nope. do they need to be? for my own
purposes, not right now. what do I do when I need a harp that performs to
level of Maestro Isko's? i use one of his harps. there is but a handful of
players on earth that can truly squeeze out all of the nuances of red
composite comb Phil Isko harp set up for OBs.

thank you.