Re: [Harp-L] Custom Harmonicas - Worth It?

Take her shoe shopping.

At 12:37 PM 4/16/2008, Wolf Kristiansen wrote:
Thanks to all who responded to my question about
whether custom harmonicas were "worth it", i.e. worth
buying. The answer from the majority was a resounding
"yes!" because of the improved playability, sound,
responsiveness etc.

My question was prompted by monetary considerations; I
was already sold on the idea. My problem is, because
of the abuse I put harmonicas through, and the rate
they die on me, I couldn't afford to replace them at
$50 to $100 per replacement.

What I gathered from your answers, dealing only with
the cost factor, is this:

1.  Custom harmonicas last longer
2.  You don't throw custom harmonicas away when a reed
goes; you (or a customizer) replace the reed
3.  You can save money by learning to customize or
repair your harmonicas yourself

So, I'm convinced they are worth buying.  My next
question-- how do I convince my wife?

Cheers,

Wolf Kristiansen