[Harp-L] Home recording mixing

There are several ways to approach mixing with software and hardware.
Some guys like to still use big boards for input and output.
I find that if it's all audio files mixing in the software with my M1Audio speakers works great.
The problems usually happen when you have midi and digital audio tracks.
Some people use a mixer to master by running the midi and digital audio back to to two stereo tracks
in the software. No matter what the midi must become digital audio.

Another way to do this without an outboard mixer is to turn all midi tracks to digital audio and
mix with the software.

When choosing software it's important to see if it does MIDI and Digital Recording.
That's one reason I use digital performer. I had Audio Lab but the version did not do MIDI.

Emile Diggs D'Amico