RE: [Harp-L] Custom Harps--are they worth it?

> and J.Compton says that when I get a "specialized" harp, I'll most likely never go back to out-of-the-box harps.

> Mike "Wezo" Wesolowski

More accurately, you'll likely never *want* to go back to untweaked stock harps.  As much as I love the improved...(okay, I'm done trying to call them by another name)...as much as I love the custom harps, my arsenal is still 95.834% stock.  Of those, about 50% are pure stock; having never had their covers removed at all.

While my earlier post on this subject was a mostly-failed attempt at humor...(tough crowd, you guys)...there is a lot of truth to it.  The pull to acquire more custom harps is strong.  So far, reason is prevailing, but in a weak moment, I may break down and start skimming Elk Lodge funds or selling precious family heirlooms...(or it could happen, if I was actually involved in an Elk Lodge or had any precious family heirlooms.  Regardless of its value to me, I doubt I'd get much for that dried bean and macaroni picture hanging on my office filing cabinet).

(Matters like this is why I quit drinking.  Making rational decisions when confronted with strong desire are hard enough totally sober.)

Jonathan Compton