[Harp-L] Home Recording

I used dedicated digital recorders for years, such as TASCAM and Korg,
but now I prefer recording on the computer.  The software I use is
Adobe Audition, which I recommend.

The difference between my setup and many others is that I prefer to
use an internal sound card rather than a USB or FireWire audio
interface.  I find I have fewer problems with latency, drivers, etc,
and the mic preamps on most audio interfaces are inferior.  The sound
card I use is the M-audio 2496 Audiophile.  I have the Presonus rack
with 2 TubePre preamps, 2 Comp16 compressors, a parametric EQ, and a
headphone amp.  With this system I can get extremely high quality
recordings with very little fuss.  I've also used the M-audio 1010
card with 10 distinct inputs, and it is an oustanding value.

As for the computer's operating system, I prefer an XP computer rather
than Vista or Mac.  XP is stable and well-organized, unlike some
previous PC operating systems.

-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog:   http://www.bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/