[Harp-L] Valve like bends

When seting up my harps I will on occasion get nicely adjusted reeds that allow for both crisp overblows and a partial blow bend (bit more than a quarter tone). I've not noticed this addressed on the list before. Is this something custom harps have going for them or are they generally tighter such that the overblow pops in super fast? Also, is this something that many of you players take advantage of? I mean, the bend isn't reliable for chromatic play but could be developed for really expressive inflections. You just have to be gentle enough to bend down without going so far as to choke the closing reed at which time the overblow pops out.

Paul

Be a better friend, newshound, and