Re: [Harp-L] Custom Quirks

I can't speak for anyone else but as far as screw patterns go, on the marine bands I do I put 9 screws in the reed plates, 4 along the back, 3 at the front, and one on each end. Plus the two cover plate screws. On harps like the blues harp, or marine band deluxe, or big river I only use the screw holes that the manufacturer has put in, just because it will make it easier for the person to replace the reeds on their own without needing to drill new holes in the reed plates, I just figure it would make it easier on them.

As far as putting the two screws near the front for the cover plates, I can't answer that one, it could be to use existing holes. I prefer them in the middle of the cover plate but I don't know as it really makes any difference, at least from my limited experience.

Chris

http://www.blowyourbrassoff.com
http://www.builderofstuff.com
http://www.myspace.com/builderofstuff
http://www.myspace.com/builderofbluesharps

Just a man, his shop, and a long list of unfinished projects...