[Harp-L] In line volume control....or not?

 2 questions.
I have no doubt that this has come up before.....but I would greatly appreciate any opinions
In-line volume control or not ?......do they suck the tone ?
Delay pedal......also, do they suck the tone ?.....my dan-electro certainly does.....anything better out there ?

I use mainly a 127 ceramic element, and sometimes a controlled magnetic......through a Harpgear Standard and Bassman RI

Many Thanks
Farky