Re: [Harp-L] In line volume control....or not?

In line: Greg Heuman's in line volume controls are excellent. I own three.
His do not suck tone.

Delay, Although I don't think he does them anymore, I had Ron Holmes modify
my Danecho with a true bypass and it sounds the best of the three delay
pedals I own. With the bypass it has clarity, doesn't suck tone,  and just
the right amount of delay for my needs.
I also own a Lone Wolf. It is also a good pedal and comes stock with a true
bypass, so the tone is clear. I like this pedal a lot too.
I have a Boss DM2 vintage pedal. It has a nice creamy sound to it. It
doesn't not have a true bypass but I really don't notice a lot of tone loss
with it.

I can't see anyone being unhappy with a modded Danecho or a stock Lone Wolf
or a DM2.

I also have done a lot of tests with these various pedals.... and my
mics.... and my amps.... and each delay pedal fits certain mics and amps the
best. I like my Danecho with Sonny Jr amps, The Lone Wolf I ise as a utility
pedal with almost any amp I have, and the Boss works really well with my 64'
Fender Deluxe and my 60' Gibson Skylark.

I also should mention that based on the Jason Ricci gear videos I bought a
Stomp BBE pedal and this helps reduce some of the minimal tone loss I get
when I string pedals together from time to time. It doesn't really "fix" the
tone loss as much as it adjusts the amp's reproduction of what the amp sends
out. I like it.