Re: [Harp-L] In line volume control....or not?

Hi

Am Dienstag, 22. April 2008 schrieb Ian Farquharson:
> I have no doubt that this has come up before.....but I would
> greatly appreciate any opinions In-line volume control or not
> ?......do they suck the tone ?

It depends on the volume control. For your mc127 i'd suggest a 1 or
2MOhm log potentiometer, no lower value though, it would certainly
suck. For a CM/CR one would choose a lower value, 100 or probably
220kOhm.
If you use a correct value it wont suck on tone when the pot is fully
opened, it might though if youturn it down, play it half open e.g.
You can fix that by soldering a small cap (1nF probably) over the
pot.

> Delay pedal......also, do they suck
> the tone ?.....my dan-electro certainly does.....anything better
> out there ?

Again it's more an issue with your MC127 combined with the pedal than
with the danelectro in general. There are mods (google for Danecho
and JT30, something like that, just try) available that fix the
problem, usually by fixing the input impedance mismatch with a FET.
There are also techs on this list who will do the mod for you.

Just now i see two answers on your question recommending Greg
Heumann's inline VCs. I can second that, i own one of them too. He'll
ask you for your mic and equip you with a working solution.

--
Gruß,Frank