[Harp-L] Spirit harmonicas

Dave Payne wrote:

"Thank you for the information on the master craftsmanship of Chinese- made harmonicas."

Sarcasm is a hard medium to work with on-line.

If this is an example of it, than you are missing the point and dismissing the work of many people (Planetone and Leo Shi) without ever having seen these instruments yourself. You are also dismissing the opinions of Pat Missin (one of the most universally respected technicians and someone who has probably worked on more brands and types of harmonica than anyone else in the world) and myself (no-one of import, but someone who gives praise none too quickly, and rarely unreservedly as I did for the Leo Shi Bass) both of whom have first- hand experience, whereas you have none whatsoever.

If this is not sarcasm, then my apologies for the harsh tone. However I dislike prejudice of any sort, and the dismissal of a new range of harmonicas because of where it is made without having actually seen the instruments yourself is quite literally pre judging.

The Leo Shi Bass is hard to find now (the eBay seller who imported them has had none for a while), but for anyone who wants to play a truly responsive and very well made baritone range diatonic, I can only highly recommend trying to find one.

This is the corporate website, if that helps:

http://www.golden-cup.com/indexa.htm

And the page with the Leo Shi Bass (and several other interesting models) is here:

http://www.golden-cup.com/ebar34-4.htm

()() JR "Bulldogge" Ross () () `----'