Re: Re: [Harp-L] Steve Baker Special

Iceman wrote:
> Lots of fun, this harmonica is.
>
> I got mine in '93, so don't know what the state of the art
> today is. The  '93 had serious gapping issues, which I took
> care of.

The Honer 365 SBS (Steve Baker Special) is assembled by Hohner in the
Czech Republic.  They have all the problems typical of a wood combed
harmonica assembled with nails (covers are mounted with screws, but the
reed plates are fastened with nails), but aside from the design the
quality (tuning, gapping, general quality control) these days seems to
be pretty good.

IMHO, it's a shame that Hohner didn't choose to make a "platform" from
the Special 20 design on which to base all these models (SBS, 365 Solo,
etc.).

-tim