Re: [Harp-L] Harps made in China

I read a really great article once on the 5 or so harmonica factories in China.  Sounds like many brands will come from the same factory.  I have experienced some quality and crappy goods from China.  Can't say that I have played to many openly marked Made in China harmonicas.  I am sure that some of the made in Germany harps I have had most of the work done in China.  My concern is for the workers.  Are they being treated ethically and paid a decent wage for their economy?  I don't know how to find that out.  When ever I see the Made in China label I can't help but wonder what kind of sweat shop this it came from.  But then again, there is no guarantee that American goods are not made in sweatshops.  That is another reason why I play a lot of vintage (used if you will) harps.  By buying used (my nurse wife says that I am not putting myself in danger) I  can guarantee that I am not contributing to the mistreatment of another human.  If I knew the conditions of the Chinese factories (or any well else for that matter) I would have no problems buying.
Visa, MasterCard, AMEX & Discover. Compare Offers & Apply Online. Click here!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2111/fc/Ioyw6iifRpPhFXlcKaUdCnwRJPOFDNJb5XeK81oqYjyNSEUcW7mD7K/