[Harp-L] Made in China thread

Like another reader has already said I am old enough to remember when "made
in Japan" was synonymous with "cheap and nasty".
Even as recently as thirty years ago Japanese cars were considered "slightly
dodgy", but when I was on a visit to Boston a few years ago I was taken
aback when I eyeballed the cars backed up at the traffic lights near my
hotel. Ten out of twelve cars were Japanese!
On a recent trip to Germany I was told that Hohner is now owned by Chinese
and that the bulk of their production is in China.
Seydel Harmonicas are made in Germany, but I was told that this company is
now owned by U.S. principals.
I guess the world is getting smaller every day and China is bound to start
aggressively looking for it's "fair share of the goodies" sooner than we
think.
Aongus Mac Cana