Re: [Harp-L] Pre War Harps

I can only surmise this rose out of something in my last SBS post. The questions being asked indicate a fundamental misunderstanding of what I was trying to communicate. I'll try again. 7 limit JI as a tuning imposes limitations much the same as equal tuning does. The limitations are different and because of this so are the solutions. I'm a rotten blues player and just fair to middlin' overall. It was however useful for me to get a glimpse of why a lot of this music is played the way it is played.

Pre War Hohners are not magical. They do last a good long time but then so do modern harmonicas. My point regarding my patent applied for well worn Marine Band was not so much that everyone should run out and buy pre wars it was really that I don't quite understand what all the fuss is about harmonicas not lasting because in my world they do. The patent applied for being an extreme example of this. When I first began playing my harmonicas died on a regular basis. I was angry at Hohner blaming them for poor quality control. I went so far as to write them about their terribly flat tunings. I've lived to reconsider my position on the matter

Speaking of lead one thing that is different about pre war Hohners is they have more lead in their brass alloys. fjm