Subject: [Harp-L] jason ricci habitat benefit

And from all the way out on Long Island. :)

I love it, Garry...it's one of the best shows JR & NB put on (to my
mind)...they're usually so relaxed and having fun...the 'venue' is gorgeous and  gives
them plenty of room to expand and play...the acoustics are great (food  too),
and it's clear Jason feels himself among great friends when he plays this
gig.  It's also heartening to see a different audience for once...older  people,
some teenagers (instead of the usual bar crowd)...lots of harp players,  all
grooving to Jason and New Blood.  It's closer to the show he does at  SPAH or
other Conventions, who aren't yakking and making a din over the softer  songs
(like my favourite 'Sonja'). I truly love these shows.

I'd only warn anyone new coming to your gig to make sure to do a
Mapquest...since even people like us who've been there before still get lost in  the
woods of Northern New Jersey ;)

I'm making every effort to get there this year.  There are  other things
going on that weekend, but this one's important to me  for several reasons (not
the least of which is that if Jason can make the  hike to New Jersey to donate
his time for such a good cause, I surely can put in  the extra effort to show
up), so am trying to work it out.  At least the  weather should be good, this
time around!

Elizabeth

Message: 6