[Harp-L] Danny G's 2008 Harmonica Lovers Family Reunion

We cooked 75 pounds of chicken and 125 pounds of sausage and went through nearly 800 cans of beer.
People brought covered dishes from as far away as "Bootiful Pennsylvania"
Ingo (The Viking King"who's idea of roughing it is "no room service) and his wife Sandra came down from the Great White North.
Doris Gumble ("Moe") traded in her $2 raffle ticket and went home with a new SCT 128 Tremolo Harmonica donated by Suzuki.
We're hoping that Suzuki can spare Os Leguizama for a few days this year.
Marv Monroe was in such a hurry to get here that Smokey the Bear gave him a "Fast Driving Award".

We had a great time at the campground last year,we counted over 200 people.
Unfortunately, my purchasing the park isn't going as planned and is tied up in court.
This year were taking what's becoming a Harmonica Lovers Family Reunion and moving it back to my house.
I've reserved a 30' x 50' tent from Beloit Fire and Rescue for the weekend starting Friday July 11th.

This years guests will include singer, guitar player and composer "Grizzly" (Dave) Warner, a friend who doesn't play harmonica but recently performed at the seasons opening festival at Nelson Ledges. Wally and Val Peterman. We have been talked with a couple well know blues players this year, but no confirmations yet.

I'd like to attract more diatonic players to the party.
I'm going to give my Astatic model JT-30 microphone to the short harp player the audience votes as their favorite.

We have room for a bunch of tent campers.
(email me if you'd like to camp out so I can keep track and limit space if necessary)

To those of you who have been regulars, Linette and I hope you can make it again this year.
To everyone else, you're invited. No admission. Bring a lawn chair. Covered dishes welcome but not required.

Friday July 11th and Saturday July 12th (we'll run you off if you stay past Tuesday)

21746 North Benton West Road
North Benton, Ohio

DannyG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx