[Harp-L] amazing generosity !

for a relatively new harp player like me, harp-l is a fabulous
resource.......

and in a little different way so are the harmonica instruction videos from
adam gussow and others on youtube that are so numerous!  i thank each and
every youtube harmonica instruction uploader for their willingness to share
with others what they have learned, or at least part of what they have
learned about playing, tuning, adjusting or rebuilding harps!

i for one, very much appreciate their efforts and attitude of sharing!
there aren't many competitive fields or endevours where the competitors
themselves are so open to sharing what they have learned over the course of
years of hard work and practice!

i think the harp community should be very proud there is such an inviting
and welcoming vehicle to encourage others to and play and maybe even one day
compete for the spotlight.

so far, for me, the stand out harp playing instructor on youtube is adam
gussow.......he should be given the harmonica generosity award!  yes, i
know, he's in it for some money too......but that appears to be a low or a
very modest priority for adam... because he doesn't push his products or
website, www.modernbluesharmonica.com , much and the reams of interesting
harmonica instructional information continues to flow.

each uploaded video takes time, equipment, effort, planning, talent,
knowledge, etc to produce.......it is only free for those of us who are
currently just youtube 'users' or 'viewers' and not yet contributors to this
harp learning circle.

however, it seems to me the efforts by all the harp instruction youtube
uploaders should produce a large group of harpists who will feel the desire
to contribute what they may have uniquely discovered during their harp
learning to the youtube audience and continue to make new harmonica players
feel welcome by providing such a rich range of harp related information!

again...many hearfelt thanks and deep appreciation to each youtube harmonica
instruction uploader!!

bruce