[Harp-L] Lone Wolf Harp Delay review

I was fortunate to have a table next to Randy of Lone Wolf Blues http://www.lonewolfblues.com/ at SPAH. Randy is an unassuming, humble, quiet guy. But the more I listened to him describe his designs to people, the more I could tell that he really knows his stuff, and understands harp players' special requirements. So I tried and then bought one of his Lone Wolf Delay pedals, experimented with it a bit at home and debuted it last night at a gig. I've been using a Dan Echo pedal for years. The Lone Wolf pedal is better, simply put. It has a really nice decay on each echo, so that speeding up the echos and upping the repeat rate and blend yields something that departs the realm of a typical echo effect and approaches more of a reverb. I like that. Of course you can get distinct slap-back echo from it too - it is very versatile. It doesn't have all the useful settings packed into 1/16 turn of the knobs like the Dan Echo either - making it easy to really dial in a desired sound, from mild fattening to only slightly over the top echo. No connection with Randy other than our new friendship (OK, maybe a slight sense of debt because his lovely wife Missy went and got burgers for both of us during the show because we were so busy we couldn't get away from our tables for lunch....) Anyway - Randy is a great guy and I recommend his delay pedal. Good stuff!

/Greg

http://www.blowsmeaway.com
http://www.bluestateband.net