[Harp-L] Re: Slow Down Question

On Aug 25, 2:33 pm, Icema...@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Remember those Marantz cassette players that were the state of the art  w/1/2
> speed and also variable speed built in?

Remember them?  The 8403MatchboxBluesMP3 file at http://groups.google.com/group/harp-l/files/
was *recorded* on one in August 2003.  Pretty decent onboard condensor
mic on that Marantz, which unfortunately has developed a knocking
noise after sitting idle for a few weeks and may finally be down for
the count after two decades of use by me unless it's only a drive belt
issue.  It has been useful to have a good ambient recorder that didn't
look worth stealing and I can't pass up the opportunity to pay it
public tribute.

Stephen Schneider