[Harp-L] RE: got some new toys

I too found some old gems at a second hand store recently.

1. Ibanez Com-504 Condenser Mic circa '75? - made in Japan
2. 2 X Gelso M 68 Dynamic Cardioide circa '63? -made in Italy
3. Steane's Sound System Dynamike circa '45? - made in Australia

I got all of these for $Aus 40.00.

1. The Ibanez has a dark base sound especially with the top off.

2. The Gelso's make good harp mikes with a very even sound in the mid range.
They look great with a 60's retro feel. They are light and easy to hold but
do not seem very sensitive to Hand Whar. They need some maintenance because
the old connectors jiggle when hand held.

3. the Dynamike is my new baby. It is a heavy chrome metal bullet dynamic
mike that sounds great to my ear. It was quite beaten up and I had to do
some repairs inside but It works fine now. I believe it is quite rare.
Anyone know about these? It really is a work of art.

Regards Chris Canning