[Harp-L] Re: Chromonica II De Luxe

A 'balance scale'? What's that?
RD

>>> "jcolbyspell@xxxxxxxx" <jcolbyspell@xxxxxxxx> 3/12/2008 13:10 >>>
I opened up the Harp.  There is indeed anodized aluminum reed plates.  You can really telly by the weight and the mouth piece edge.  I also discovered that the caulk is some sort of wax.  That makes me feel better about playing the thing.  It is in great shape.  I removed the wax around the mouth piece but I think I will leave it on the rear, not really hurting anything there, but it might not be doing anything either.  There was a lot of wax in the slide mechanism.  I will clean that up to see if it makes a difference.  As it stands, it is about as airtight as my super chromonica. There are no cracks in the comb.  It is the coolest looking thing.  I actually used it and an original Blues Harp to teach my class how to use a balance scale.  They liked it.