Re: [Harp-L] YouTube - AFTER YOU'VE GONE-- shtreiml

Yes; The entire Jamie Abersold library swallowed whole, without dressing. As a mate of mine once said of fellow Antipodean Tommy Emmanuel: "Incredible! But it'll never replace music!".
RD

>>> "hazcon" <hazcon@xxxxxxxxxx> 3/12/2008 16:14 >>>
Have to agree with Rick and John
When Randy first posted the link i had a look and thought Gawd this is
awful......no tone,a million mindless notes a minute and as Rick(the aussie
one)  said
'noodlin'
        Personally this stuff could put one off Harmonica.
To paraphrase some famous classical musician(talking about Hendrix)) "I wish
i could play like that ,then i never would"
Meaning I guess that you have to admire the sheer technical ability and
musical knowledge that Shtreiml displays but to what end?
         But of course each,as always.to their own,the blues gave birth to
Jazz, but somewhere along the line the connection has been broken and
endless repetitive scales ,modes etc seem to have replaced the soul aspect
of music.
         But the worst thing,(imho) lousy tone.........that was campfire
harmonica on steroids.
Rick
in NZ