Re: [Harp-L] Amp Replacement (continued)

Hi

Am Mittwoch, 3. Dezember 2008 schrieb GaryB:
> I've burnt out at least three Art Tube pre-amps by putting a 12AU7
> in them. Apparently they draw more voltage which is a killer for
> cheap Japanese stuff.

The 12AU7 actually draws more current, and it's not only cheap
whatever stuff, thats likely to burn. I do not recomend replacing a
12AX7 with a 12AU7 without making sure it wont harm  first. Those two
tubes are quite different and more often than not circuits are not
designed to stand the high current,

--
GruÃ,Frank