Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica storage

hi Terry,

it's usually recommended to leave the harps on the open surface in vertical position for a while before you pack - holes up or down - so the condensation goes away. however, you won't be able to completely get rid of moisture in a couple of minutes  (b/n the plate and comb in the area of the holes dividers, etc), but it's worth drying the harps before you put them in the box (sometimes oxidation occurs and you feel that acid-like taste or scent of metal, not mentioning bicteria, etc.).

alex

>>> T Slevin <slevin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 03/12/2008 01:11:09 >>>
Hi, I have a collection of Hohner special 20's, which I currently store
in the plastic boxes that Hohner sells them in.
It occurs to me that after playing, I am sealing  in the moisture  when
the harmonica is placed back in the box , which can't do the
metal reeds much good.
So my question is, am I doing any damage by storing them in the box and
if so what is the best  way to store  a harmonica?
Cheers Terry.