Re: [Harp-L] this amp

One of the better amps I ever gigged with was a silverface master volume Twin Reverb. It had been semi black faced but the master volume was intact. Reconing the stock Utahs helped a lot. Mostly I got rid of it because it got almost impossible to buy decent 6l6's. I used the Mesa STR 415's in that amp and they just disappeared. I replaced the Twin with an early Bassman Reissue which I never liked as much as I did the Twin. You could get a decent tone out of the Twin at reasonable volumes but it would also get way loud if you needed it to. The one downside is carrying the amplifier. Mine had casters but you still had to get it into the car. fjm