Re: [Harp-L] Gibson BR-6 amp

I had the 1947 Gibson BR-6 for several months; I bought it from a brother
Harp-Ler.  My BR-6 had the same tube lineup, but the circuitry may have been
a bit more primitive.  The vintage tone was very, very good.  I loved it.

I sold the amp to a very accomplished musician from L.A., Bruno Coon.  Here
is an article I wrote about the amp:
http://bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/2008/04/for-sale-1947-gibson-br-6-amp-wjt-30.html

Here are two sound clips of the BR-6:
http://www.davisbluesproject.com/music/br6sample.mp3
http://www.davisbluesproject.com/music/br6jt30.mp3

The Gibson BR-6 is a great vintage harp amp for not a lot of money.  You
might hear a little hum, but it's cool.  The two 6V6 power tubes make this
amp sound just right.

-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog
http://www.bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/