Re: [Harp-L] harmoniums and bandoneons

Thank you Jonathon;
                                   I shall store that away in my munitions bag and set any erring loudmouth like myself to rights in future.
                                   However, the salient question here is what was meant on the Youtube post to which the harp-l post (to which I was replying) referred.
                                   Very possible they were as misinformed as I; in which case my terminology would be relevant, right or wrong.
                                   The distinction between 'accordion' and 'concertina' is interesting (I wonder why it's not spelt 'achordion'?) because although I have always recognised the small hexagonal bellows/free reed instrument, played, most often in my experience in Celtic style sessions, as a 'concertina', I thought it was a matter of custom rather than any strict nomenclature - rather like 'mouth organ' and 'harmonica'.

Thyanks again,
RD