Re: [Harp-L] harmoniums and bandoneons

However, the salient question here is what was meant on the Youtube post to which the harp-l post (to which I was replying) referred.
Very possible they were as misinformed as I; in which case my terminology would be relevant, right or wrong.

It is possible that the common usage is changing and harmonium is in the process of becoming the generic name. A bit odd, since most reed organs are not of the harmonium type.

The distinction between 'accordion' and 'concertina' is interesting<snip>, as a 'concertina', I thought it was a matter of custom rather than any strict nomenclature - rather like 'mouth organ' and 'harmonica'.

The two were invented at about the same time, but are not directly related. Both could be termed as squeezeboxes (though this tends to be disliked by some accordionists), but neither is a subset of the other.

 ()()    JR "Bulldogge" Ross
()  ()
`----'