Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica non-Storage Yuch!

jk writes "... I reached into my mouth and pulled out the earwig that had been hanging out in the 1-hole!!!!!!!  "

HA!  An earwig that's what it was!  Same thing happened to me... picked up a harp that had been sitting on a shelf in the basement and what an unexpected surprise I found inside... although I think mine was nesting in the two hole ;)  Those earwigs taste funny and even pinched my tongue.  I think it liked me.  Ought to send an old wood combed Marine Band to Survivor Man for use as an earwig trap/protein collector.

http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/bugreview/earwigs.html

Jim.
www.mcmule.com

>>> john kuzloski <jkuzloski@xxxxxxxxx> 12/3/2008 4:12 PM >>>
I typically keep my harps in either their plastic cases or in 7-harp zip cases.  Last night, after dinner, I grabbed a loose harp off the top of an amp and began to play a bit.  I noticed for a brief moment that the 1-hole blow and draw would not sound, then did.  Then I realized that something from dinner must have just dropped from my teeth somewhere onto my tongue.  I reached into my mouth and pulled out the earwig that had been hanging out in the 1-hole!!!!!!!
Well, I'll have to say that I ALMOST never use Listerene.
If I had just inhaled the sucker, it probably would have gone by unnoticed!
I think there is a possible lesson here (open up that mouth chamber and inhale more strongly?).
--jk