[Harp-L] Fwd: Little Walter box set

Hey all. Scott Dirks suggested that this might be of interest...

t.a.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: checker758 <checker758@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 1:08 PM
Subject: Little Walter box set
To: Tom Albanese <reedwrecker@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Tom,
I'm not currently subscribed to the Harp-l, but I thought this might be
of interest to you and some of the regulars there.  So please feel free
to share this, taken from the Bob Corritore newsletter at
http://www.bobcorritore.com/WhatsNew.html:

"Complete Little Walter Box Set Being Considered by Hip-O Select! Scott
Dirks reports that he and his co-authors of the Little Walter biography
Blues With A Feeling: The Little Walter Story, Ward Gaines and Tony Glover,
are working on liner notes for a proposed Complete Little Walter Box Set by
the Hip-O Select label in the near future, with the hope of capitalizing on
the upcoming film Cadillac Records, in which the Little Walter character is
featured prominently. The box would contain material that Little Walter
recorded for the famed Chess Records. The official word is not out yet so we
can only be hopeful. More information forthcoming as it becomes available."

All the best,
Scott