Re: [Harp-L] Has anyone bought a SWAN chromatic before?

hi Guy,

I ordered the whole box of Swan 16 hollers from China directly from the factory - the price was so low that it's not polite to even mention it here - and I must say 2 things:

1. you're not gonna get the BMW quality harmonicas, lots of inconsistancies in terms of slide movement, air leakage, windsavers, construction itself - screws and plastic comb, but a bit fregile (one can easily destroy the comb by firmly tightening the screws on the mouth piece).

2. no matter what the artifacts are, there are some models that have their own tone-related qualities. I distributed the harmonicas among the club members in my town and most of people where glad to have a full scale adult product at a reduced price though everybody didn't wait to note afterwards that the instrument is not ready for professional use. So, you can look at this harmonica as an additional tool in your sound pallet arsenal - not a working horse, but a nice thing to have to play this or that song.

3. However, much like some of us rediscover the old gadgets such as effect pedals, mics, etc., I recently rediscovered my chinese-made harmonica which produces warm and mellow tone if used correctly.

If you're interested I can forward you the link to listen to the home recorded sample .

Alex

>>> "guy henderson" <ghenderson@xxxxxxxxx> 03/12/2008 19:11:00 >>>
Hello all,

On a lark I bought a chromatic 12 hole 48 tone Swan from
www.virtualvillage.au.com <http://www.virtualvillage.au.com/> . The price
was what caught my eye for about 50 bucks I had a chromatc 48 tone harp.
Best price I have ever seen for one so I bought it sounds good to me. I am
more of a diatonic harper myself but figured most of the people in my Hoot
org would like to know about it. Has anyone seen and heard these before and
how good are they. The actual cost was 34.86 and 15 bucks shipping from
Australia.

That's

guy