[Harp-L] re: Smoke-filled rooms

Drew wrote:
> I recently heard that Europe has embraced non-smoking, but I haven't been there >recently, so I don't know for sure.

Well, "Europe" is not some sort of national entity, as I find myself having to explain to many Americans, but a host of nations -- w/ pronounced differences -- but some of them are in a union, and within this union the smoking ban is extensive. So many, ASMoF I belive all, of the countries in Western Europe have smoke free restaurants, bars etc.
  This is probably great if you don´t smoke, but if you, like me, found one of life´s highlights in having a drink and a smoke in a bar it´s rather depressing.

Cheers,
Martin