[Harp-L] Bluegrass Harp and the Dixie Flyers

Thanks John, for the heads-up about the yahoo bluegrass harp group.

Jim, I appreciate the list.The samples from from both players were great and, as you say, Mark Graham is a brilliant player and I love the Improbabillies' sound. I will listen more closely to the clips, but am already inclined to ad them to my Xmas wish list.

I have Brendan's Irish Harmonica record, which I love, and have picked up his course, plus I dug up an old copy of Glen Weiser's Fiddle Tunes collection w/ tape (I'm going to have to burn it onto CD).

Even though I used to blow a lot of harp about 15-20 years ago, I never approached it in the systematic way I did the piano, and now after 10 years of little playing and only "coasting" when I did play, frankly, I suck. My bends are out of tune and sloppy, my vibrato is choppy and uneven I have no more speed and my tone is weak. I'm going to play again in a more disciplined way to fix that, get my blues chops back, and hopefully get to the point in the summer of 2010, where I won't be ashamed to sit in at a bluegrass jam.

Anyway, thanks for the replies. I searched and found that --except for the Dixie Flyers part-- bluegrass harp listening suggestions had been previously offered.

Cheers,

Andrew

I used to own a few  Charlie McCoy LPs, but have nothing left . I will check out the other names as well.