RE: [Harp-L] Columbus Short Learned Harp for Cadillac Records Movie

He says "We pre-recorded it for sound purposes, but it was all done by
me,"

I really, really doubt that, unless the harp playing in the movie is
very novice. Nobody gets even a reasonable amount close to Little
Walter's licks in any small period of time, we all know that. SO by his
quote is he putting Kim Wilson in the shadows? My cousins did the
doo-wop acapela soundtrack to Bronx Tale and then got screwed by the
studio and Robert Dinero. The told them "go get a lawywer if you want to
do something about it" and taking on hollywood anyway is career suicide.

He talks about learning to "blow and suck" and already knowing scales.
Right, what about bent note techniques and everything else that entails
blues harmonica? If he learned that stuff that quick, I'm throwing mine
in the trash after 3 years. I'd love to ask Kim Wilson and see what he
says about it and whether this guy is blowing smoke.

Now I really can't wait to see the film. Any reviews from you folks on
the harp aspects? I'll got tomorrow, I hope.

Bill